About Texas Pride Impact Funds
Texas Pride Impact Funds (TPIF) is a rapidly growing LGBTQ+ community foundation for Texas. In November of 2018, our inaugural year of grantmaking, we awarded $120,000 to fifteen organizations across Texas. By the end of 2022, in just four years, TPIF will have exceeded awarding $1 million to 60+ organizations, on our way to our stated goal of annual funding of $1 million by 2026. We are the only public foundation focused on the needs of LGBTQ+ people in Texas.
TPIF engages and mobilizes donors and funders in:
- giving that moves resources to strengthen diverse organizations, projects, and leaders building equitable opportunities for support, advocacy, and community serving every part of the state.
- legacy giving that secures our community’s future funding and capacity well beyond our own lifetime.
Texas Pride Impact Funds is seeking an inventive, energetic, and resourceful individual to lead our grant programmatic work. Along with TPIF leadership, the Project Director will be responsible for designing, promoting, and executing grant programs in addition to managing our planned 2022 cohort-based education program to a select group of grantees. These duties will integrate into our communication strategy with partners and stakeholders to ensure overall mission continuity.
Salary and Benefits
This position is full-time, requiring evening and weekend work on occasion and reports to the board president. For this position the annual salary range is $52,000 –$58,000, depending on experience.
Benefits include: 30 days PTO, medical and disability insurance, professional development assistance and option for employee to invest in an individual retirement account.
Candidates must reside in Texas where we work, or be willing to relocate to the state.
- Vetting, tracking, and responding to phone and email funding inquiries
- Developing RPF materials, including scoring rubric and application materials, in partnership with TPIF leadership
- Participating in TPIF’s institutional funders’ learning communities
- Adhering to our institutional funders’ grant requirements and preparing grant reports (baseline, interim, and final)
- Facilitating grants deliberation with our Board of Directors and our yet-to-be-formed Community Advisory Council* (CAC), planned for 2021/2022
- Coordinating grant payment with TPIF Treasurer
- Communicating regularly with grantees on grant requirements and expectations
- Collecting, organizing, analyzing, and synthesizing grants reports and data for Board of Directors and CAC
- Evaluating grantee outcomes
- Presenting grantee outcomes, summaries, and reports at Board Meetings and to CAC members
Cohort-Based Education and Network-Building
- Representing TPIF at community-based outreach events
- Acting as the primary point of contact for grantees
- Develop convenings for select grantees that respond to the needs and interests of specific grant programs
- Creating presentations, securing speakers, and developing materials for periodic workshops
- Providing technical assistance to grantees, as needed
- Promoting networking and collaboration among grantees
- Developing and maintaining a database of grantees and community organizations
Fundraising, Communications and Other
- Contributing content that amplifies our grantees and their work for newsletters, donor reports, our website, social media, and events
- Developing reports as required by TPIF’s institutional funders
- Supporting efforts to secure grant revenue via research, writing, and reporting
- Other task-based staff duties may be assigned
The ideal candidate has at least five years of grantmaking and/or relevant nonprofit work experience particularly focused on the challenges and needs of LGBTQ+ populations living with or vulnerable to HIV and program evaluation. Experience working with communities of color, transgender/gender nonbinary persons, and/or within rural communities required. They should also understand how multiple strategies, including arts and culture, advocacy, healthcare, and community building can benefit PLWH and under-resourced communities including border regions, rural and urban centers.
Excellent verbal communication and writing skills including compelling storytelling; comfortability speaking to individuals from diverse ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds; the ability to work both independently and collaboratively; and comfort learning and using new computer software are a must. Experience leading educational and cohort-based workshops - especially in a virtual environment - is a plus. We are seeking diverse candidates who represent the individuals we hope to serve as part of this grant program - BIPOC, transgender/gender nonbinary, and PLWH encouraged to apply.
In the absence of a bachelor’s degree, applicants should have a solid record of at least seven years’ experience working full-time in the nonprofit sector or a field closely related to this position.
The ability to work virtually is required. Professional proficiency in Spanish is a plus.
Texas Pride Impact Funds is an equity based non-profit organization committed to an inclusive work environment and to building a team that reflects the rich diversity of our community. People of color, people with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions and identities who are underrepresented in the field of philanthropy are encouraged to apply.
Please send (1) a letter of interest and (2) your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Program Director” in the subject line of your email.
In your letter of interest, please make it a point to address the skills and experiences you bring to this role, as outlined above. Specifically, we would appreciate you addressing:
- Your commitment to Texas Pride Impact Funds' work, mission, and values
- Why you are interested in this role specifically
- How your experience and background have prepared you for a role like this
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their applications by November 30th, 2021. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, though applications submitted after the deadline will be considered on a case-by-case basis. The position will be filled as soon as the appropriate candidate is found, as the position is available immediately. For any question regarding position, please address them to: email@example.com.