2019 Grant Program; General Requirements*
Texas Pride Impact Funds (TPIF) considers applications from nonprofit organizations whose work is consistent with our mission of securing the future of the LGBTQ community in Texas.
- Status as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization or documented fiscal sponsorship by an organization with current 501(c)(3) status.
- Documentation that the applicant does not discriminate with regard to race, color, gender, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, veteran status, physical disability, socioeconomic status, or source of income in its employment practices, selection of board members, selection of students, or acceptance of clients for services or products, or as otherwise provided by all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- The program or service to be funded clearly tracks the of the number of LGBTQ Texans served and/or documentation of the impact on the LGBTQ community in Texas.
*All three criteria must be satisfied for the application to be evaluated. TPIF considers applications from nonprofit organizations whose work is consistent with our mission of securing the future of the LGBTQ community in Texas.
Funding Priorities for 2019
These priorities (in alphabetical order) have been informed by TPIF's 2017 Impact! Texas Needs Assessment, our first comprehensive, state-wide study of LGBTQ supportive organizations and individuals.
- Improving employment prospects for transgender persons
Health Care (Capacity Building)
- Increasing access/reducing barriers to routine health care
- Increasing access for transgender persons
- Improving cultural competency of health care providers
- Decreasing social isolation
- Increasing financial security
- Address issues of inter-community racism, sexism, gender normativism
- Decrease isolation in non-urban areas
- Access to safe spaces
- Access to stable housing
What We Fund
- Maximum grant award is $10,000.
- General operating expenses for projects, programs and/or organizations addressing the needs of LGBTQ communities.
- Capacity building (may include conference and symposium style hosted events).
- New and/or current projects, programs and/or strategies.
- Joint projects that combine the resources of two (2) or more eligible organizations working together to achieve shared goals (the lead applicant must be an eligible grantee).
- Matching grants to augment support for any of the above.
*Special consideration will be given to programs/projects/services targeting non-urban LGBTQ populations and/or transgender Texans.
What We Don’t Fund
- Applications from individuals.
- National organizations or their local affiliates, except for programs developed at the local level to meet local needs.
- Projects/programs outside the State of Texas.
- Endowment funds.
- Annual campaigns, capital campaigns, fundraising events, donor recognition events, event sponsorships.
- Multi-year funding commitments.
- Costs incurred prior to the date of the grant award.
- Applications from government agencies.
- Religious organizations, except for projects/programs/services directly addressing the mission of TPIF.
- Travel related costs.
- More than one application per organization per year.
- Debt retirement.
- Eligibility of applicant(s)
- Complete and accurate application, including all supporting documentation
- Alignment of request with funding priorities
- Documented ability to provide the proposed project/program/service(s)
- Project/services provided outside of urban centers
*TPIF will schedule a site visit for all finalists
Grantees agrees to report to the Foundation on the expenditure of grant funds, using a Grant Report template provided with the TPIF Grant Contract, within one year of Grant Contract Date.
The deadline for submitting an application for 2019 has passed. Our next Grants Program will be announced in early 2020. Questions regarding TPIF Grants should be addressed to email@example.com.
April 3 Release of RFP; Availability of 2019 Grant Application
April 22 RFP Webinar* from 10 - 10:30 am CST
April 30 Last day to submit questions (5:00 pm CDT)
May 10 Application Deadline
August Finalist Site Visits
November 13 Grant Awards Announced