Healthcare and Mental Health, Employment, Seniors, Youth and Social Support are our general fundraising interests with priorities given to intersectional work supporting Communities of Color and Rural and Transgender Communities. General funding priorities were initially established by our 2017 Impact! Texas Needs Assessment, the first comprehensive, state-wide study of LGBTQ supportive organizations and individuals. Evolution of our funding priorities continue through new literature review and the dynamic political climate as it impacts social and justice issues important to our community.
Our 2021 Grants Program
Follow this page for our 2021 funding priorities and application availability. Our Grants Program timeline is:
- March 15: Release RFP/application
- May 31: Application deadline
- Late September: Awards announced
Examples of specific programs include
- Improving employment prospects for transgender persons
- Increasing access/reducing barriers to routine health care
- Increasing access for transgender persons
- Improving cultural competency of health care providers
- Decreasing social isolation
- Increasing financial security
- Address issues of inter-community racism, sexism, gender normativism
- Decrease isolation in non-urban areas
- Access to safe spaces
- Access to stable housing
What We Fund
- General operating expenses for organizations addressing the needs of LGBTQIA+ communities.
- Capacity building (may include conference/training registration fees, but no travel related costs).
- New and/or current projects, programs and/or strategies.
- Joint projects that combine the resources of two (2) or more eligible organizations working together to achieve shared goals.
- Matching grants.
What We Don’t Fund
- Applications from individuals.
- National organizations or their local affiliates, except for programs developed at the local level to meet local needs.
- Projects/programs outside the State of Texas.
- Endowment funds.
- Annual campaigns, capital campaigns, fundraising events, donor recognition events, event sponsorships.
- Multi-year funding commitments.
- Costs incurred prior to the date of the grant award.
- Applications from government agencies.
- Religious organizations, except for projects/programs/services directly addressing the mission of TPIF.
- More than one application per organization per year.
- Debt retirement
Questions regarding TPIF Grants should be addressed to email@example.com.