2018 TPIF Inaugural Grants
2018 Grant Application Opportunity Closed at 5:00 PM CST Monday April 16
TPIF considers applications from nonprofit organizations whose work is consistent with our mission of securing the future of the LGBTQ community in Texas.
To be eligible for a grant, an organization must be a recognized IRS 501(c)(3) tax-exempt, nonprofit organization or provide documentation of fiscal sponsorship with such an organization. All of our competitively awarded grants go to organizations that serve the LGBTQ communities of Texas. Currently, the maximum competitive grant award is $10,000. Please note: organizations are eligible to receive a competitive grant from Texas Pride Impact Funds no more often than once every two years.
All applicants must provide documentation that the applicant does not discriminate with regard to race, color, gender, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, veteran status, physical disability, socioeconomic status, or source of income in its employment practices, selection of board members, or acceptance of clients for services or products, or as otherwise provided by all applicable federal, state and local laws.
TPIF does not accept applications from: individuals; national organizations or their local affiliates, except for programs developed at the local level to meet local needs; projects/programs outside the State of Texas, except those providing direct services to LGBTQ residents of Texas; government agencies; religious organizations, except for projects or programs directly addressing TPIF’s mission.
Organizations based in Texas that provide programs/services to residents of Texas and outside the State of Texas must differentiate between Texas residents and non-residents when identifying numbers of persons served. Likewise, organizations based outside of Texas that provide programs/services to residents of Texas must differentiate between Texas residents and non-residents when identifying numbers of persons served. Lack of such documented differentiation will disqualify an application.
What We Fund
- Seed/Pilot funding: innovations/start-up funding
- Project/program support: a specific project/program within your organization
- Capacity building: creating more, higher quality and/or more sustainable services
- General Operating support: day-to-day costs of running your organization (office space, staff salaries, marketing materials, etc.)
- Matching grants to augment support for any of the above
What We Don’t Fund
- Endowment Funds
- Fundraising or recognition events
- Multi-year funding commitments
- Costs incurred prior to the date of the grant award
- Capital campaigns
- More than one application per organization per year
Funding Priorities for 2018
These priorities (in alphabetical order) are based on the 2017 Impact! Texas Needs Assessment. Special consideration will be given to programs/projects serving LGBTQ communities outside of urban centers.
- Improving employability of transgender persons
Health Care (Capacity Building)
- Increasing access/reducing barriers to routine health care
- Increasing access for transgender persons
- Improving cultural competency of health care providers
- Decreasing social isolation
- Increasing financial security
- Decrease isolation in non-urban areas
- Address issues of inter-community racism, sexism, gender normatism
- Access to safe spaces
- Access to stable housing
- Eligibility of applicant(s)
- Complete and accurate application, including all supporting documentation
- Alignment of request with funding priorities
- Documented ability to provide the proposed project/program/service(s)
- Project/services provided outside of urban centers
- *TPIF will schedule a site visit for all finalists
Questions regarding this RFP and/or the Application should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: Application Question. The deadline for submitting questions is 5:00 pm (CDT), Friday, March 30, 2018.
February 19 Release of RFP
March 30 Last day to submit questions (5:00 pm CDT)
April 16 Application Deadline (5:00 pm CDT)
Aug/Sept Finalist Site Visits
September Grant Awards Announced